Monday 15 May 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-05-15

 Good morning

Monday, dh picked up grandkids from daycare and they had supper here.

Daycare was closed on Tuesday so dh babysat.  Parents were in town so they left around 7pm.

Went in town on Thursday for work and for lunch for 2 departing cw's..we are a small team... one was sick, other one did not want to come in town and boss had an emergency at noon... so just me and the 2 girls... we did have alot of fun and laughed alot.  Boss had beautiful bouquets sent to them with some chocolate.  Was my last day IN-town work for some time, will be 100% telework, yay!  I do have LOTS of work though with everyone leaving.    

Saturday was housechores as kids & grandkids were at ddil's dad for the 5th birthday of her little sister.  We also went around town - it was garage sale weekend... not many and not much.  I did get a beautiful tulip bouquet from a flower farm.

Sunday was a relaxing day.  Had a Ftime with my family - they were all at my sis's house for mother's day brunch (a 3 hour-drive from here).  Since we couldn't go I staged a breakfast in bed picture to send them hahaha.

We went to see grandkids at their swimming lesson and then they all came back her for lunch... eggs salad sandwiches, ham sandwiches, and potato salad.  After the grandkid's nap we went to the park and stopped by another garage sale where I bought some silk rudebekia flowers (now I need a tall slim pot), and a Santa.  We had chicken from rotisserie for supper.  After the kids left we took a walk but definately cold out there... It was windy all weekend and still is this morning.

Lots of babies last week - my cousin's daughter had her 2nd boy and 3 of ds's best friends all had their babies (1 was premature and was due at a later date).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Scattered showers
20°
9°
Tue
Rain
13°
4°
Wed
Partly cloudy
11°
1°
Thu
Mostly sunny
16°
4°
Fri
Partly cloudy
22°
11°

Looking around the house
Had picked up on Saturday so not too bad but I do need to vaccum main floor and basement.

Thinking and pondering
Since I am now 100% telework for a little while, hoping I can discipline myself to a better routine healthwise and for housechores and all I have to do around here.

Tv this week
Local Survivor, transplanté and I watched a hobbit movie over the weekend.

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Looking for ideas for Christmas ornaments for friends...    Was thinking something like this , but not decided yet.  Might be a gingerbread man too. 




Things on the menu this week
I have meatballs in the freezer so need to use these up, hamburgers, soup....

On my reading pile
Le culte by Camilla Lackburg


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Dusted all main floor
  • Got bank stuff done
  • Sent fodmap class documents to nephew
  • Sent some pictures to be printed
  • Put button on black capris
  • Cleaned out my bedroom armoire
  • Updated 'alien invasion' notebook with passwords and bank info... and got a new book as other one was falling to pieces.

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac main floor
  • Vac basement
  • Wanted to do a painting but not feeling it right now and since it's free 7 days might just watch it for awhile and take notes.  I could order the video too ($5 during the free week to keep as long as we want).
  • Transfer some $$ to sis (wanted an outdoor rocking-swivel chair but none around here so she bought it and will bring it when she comes in 2 weeks)
  • ...

Decluttering
  • 6 magazines to dniece
  • 1 pair of socks
  • 1 underwear
  • 1 bathing suit bottom

Upcoming this week
My brothers are coming up next weekend to help a friend with a roof so will try to get them to stop by for supper and to sleep over.  dh will go help them (it's a little over 1 hour drive from here).

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Nothing crafty is getting done these days but I do need to plan Christmas in July blogposts and start the Christmas ornaments.


My simple pleasure

I'd like to organize myself for free drawing classes and work on them outside.

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:  
  • The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer, due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy and take up more space.


From the camera:


Santa I bought at garage sale
Staged breakfast in bed (as you can see I am all dressed underneath the covers)




Saying of the week












4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that santa - so cute! I hope the 100% telework works well for you to make a great routine. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely! I sure love how you love Christmas year round like me. Lol 😉 Such a cute Santa you found! Loved the stage pic of you for breakfast in bed. You're so adorable. 💗 And love the sweetest grandkiddo pics with the flowers! What cutie pies! I'm gonna follow that Spring list. 🌸 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the angel ornaments. Hooray for the telework all the time, hope it goes great for you! Very interesting about the eiffel tower. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hobbit movies are some of our favorites of all time! My son even read the book last year and said it was even better. I'm glad you get some time to work at home! It makes for a MUCH easier time finding a routine for me when I spend more time at home! Those are some precious kiddos!! And your breakfast in bed pic is great lol! How fun. I am glad you had a good week, and I hope this week was great as well!

    ReplyDelete