Monday 3 April 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-04-03

Good morning

We had a 7-day all-included vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic the week of March 19.  Sunny 30C everyday, great food and lots of activities on the site.  8 of us (sis, bil, brother, sil, cousin & his wife and us).  However 2 WHOLE days were spent getting to and from (on the way there we were to get there at 12:30 but got there at 6pm...hmpf).  We had a good time but my stomach did not do well all week... luckily the only 2 days were I felt good were the airport days, so that's a relief.  Got back to sis's house the 26th Sunday.  Monday we took a stand-up freezer from mom's to dd's house and had lunch with them.  Got home at 4:00 pm. yay!

Tuesday we had grandkids for supper and to sleep here.  Wednesday, dh picked them up from daycare and they had supper here (parents worked from town).

Got back here to a SUPER BUSY 3-day work week... I just did emergencies and this week will fill in all that goes around the emergencies.  I knew March 31st would be CRAZY.  Did not go in-town to work last week, worked from home.

Thursday was endodontist appointment for root canal.  It seems ok for now but still a bit sore , he had told me it would be that way.  Costco run for some groceries.

Saturday was a party for ds's 30th birthday and 3 of his friends at a restaurant for supper and evening.  got back home at 10:30 pm.

Sunday was a family brunch at sil's for nephew's 21st birthday.  Left at 10:30 am and got back here at 4:30 pm.  Grandkids were with us for supper.

Such a super-busy week and feeling frazzled (with continued stomach ache but getting better as week advanced).

I had also decided to do Sketchbook Revival 2023, a free event that lasted the last 2 weeks with 2 teachings per day... had alot of catching up to do and finally finished yesterday.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Rain and snow
3°
-2°
Tue
Partly cloudy
5°
-6°
Wed
Snow with brief sleet showers
-2°
-2°
Thu
Showers
8°
-1°
Fri
Partly cloudy
2°
-7°

Looking around the house
I did manage to do a little on Saturday during the day but ... not feeling back to normal yet.
So happy to be back home.  Just want my routine back

Thinking and pondering
Need to finish planning Easter with sis.
Restarting the phase 2 of Lowfodmap protocol... just had time to do 1 test before I left and with my upset stomach have to have 2 weeks of calming my stomach before doing more tests.

tv this week
Playing catchup... just too much was recorded while we were gone

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Live Eagle Cam


Things on the menu this week
Tonight will be chicken (rotisserie chicken from costco's) with potatoes and veggies.  For lunch I'll be having gyros (from Costco's)

On my reading pile
Le trésor des Augustines  - Josée Ouimet


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday
  • Get old ebook charged up to give to sis so she can try it.  Battery doesn't hold its charge well (the one I have is starting to have problems too... sigh)
  • Update my ebook library with books read - DONE
  • Send in endodontist to insurance
  • Plan for Easter
  • ...

Decluttering

Upcoming this week
  • No fodmap class this week, however I enrolled in a free IBS summit for wednesday.
  • Drawing classes I enrolled in but did not do
  • Thursday - phone appointment with gastroenterologist for follow up.
  • Tuesday - in-town work
  • Next weekend - Saturday and Sunday at parent's house for Easter

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

  • Knit socks
  • Drawing classes
  • More to-do lists
My simple pleasure

working in my sketchbook

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Home sweet home

From the camera:











Saying of the week














5 comments:

  1. Hey there! Routine is so important, isn't it? Lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your stomach bothered you while on your vacation. Looks like such a beautiful place from your photos. Always nice to be home though. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello my Lovely! Your trip looked beautiful! I'm so sorry you had belly problems. That stinks. But I hope you got some great rest and relax time. I hope you have a very blessed week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your so beautiful visit and comment!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter ahead and congrats on your lovely blog!
    Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your so beautiful visit and comment!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter ahead and congrats on your lovely blog.
    Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~

    ReplyDelete