Monday 3 October 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-10-03

Welcome October!

Had grandkids over after daycare on Thursday and they slept over.  DH took them to daycare on Friday and they came back after supper and slept over on Friday night to give their parents a night of uninterrupted sleep  (ds ended up coughing part of the night and then they had a field mouse in the house which they caught around 6am on Saturday).  They left after lunch on Saturday.

Did some housechores over the weekend to winterize.  Prepped a to-do list for upcoming weekend which will be our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.  We rented a cottage with my family Location du Chalet "LE-TORTILLARD" à Petite-Rivière-Saint-François, Charlevoix, Québec, Canada (chaletsalouer.com)DD will be coming on Saturday with her new friend but they will come and sleep here (it is about half an hour from here) as space will be limited in the cottage (but I'll bring an air mattress just in case I think).  DS and family will come by but don't know if it'll be Saturday or Sunday.

Sis and sil's will go to costco's together this week and will buy groceries for the weekend, we will split the cost.  They all live near each other - I'm the only one who lives 3 hours away from the family.

Went to restaurant with bil, sil and 3 other friends on Sunday night.  Tao chicken was good and I have half a chocolate hazelnut cake leftover for lunch today and a poke bowl I picked up at the grocery store! yummy!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 





The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Sunny
15°
2°
Tue
Partly cloudy
17°
6°
Wed
Partly cloudy
18°
8°
Thu
Partly cloudy
20°
9°
Fri
Showers
16°
4°

On my mind 
Weekend at the cottage with family - hope all goes well

Upcoming this week
Monday - dh will be working provincial elections... a day for ME!! ;)
Tuesday - work in-town.  pick up my new glasses at lunch.  Supper with a few cw-friends afterwards (6 of us)
Friday I will be taking a day off giving me a 4-day weekend.  

On the breakfast plate
Leftover pork chop, tomatoes and oat milk

On my reading pile

La Veuve by Gil Adamson... finished, did not like it very much.

Maman pour diner by Shalom Auslander... will see looks weird


On my tv
 
Personnes d'intérêt (saison2)
L'échappée
5e rang
Chanteurs masqués
Stats
Indéfendables
Doc
Le bon docteur
Cerebrum (saison 2)
Discussion avec mes parents
Avant le Crash (saison 2)
Alertes 
Qui sait chanter
Pour toi Flora
Ana et Arnaud
Les honorables (saison 2)
Une affaire criminelle
C'est comme ça que je t'aime
Entre deux draps
Les moments parfaits
Chouchou
Hôtel
La Brea

Way too much!  Have cut down a few new ones which did not stir my interest.  In those that remain too many dramas.


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week
Making faux-caramel apples


On the menu this week
Monday - dh is working at voting polls so he won't be here at all.
Tuesday - I will be in town for lunch and supper
Stuffed bell peppers



From the camera:
Fall painting - Jesse Robertson free tutorial
Xavier helping grandpa
Grandkids grocery shopping



Looking around the house
Needs some TLC on main floor but will do it later in the week so it stays neat for the weekend.

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Washed outside front windows, patio door, kitchen window and side door (still need to do office and bathroom ... too high will be done by inside)
  • Put away screen windows for the LR & side door
  • Got the propane tank filled up ($333 with taxes... almost 15% taxes here)
  • Washed both entry closets, got some mittens, scarves and hats out.
  • Since dd will sleep here next weekend dusted & vac'd basement
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • Put away summer shorts
  • Laundry (1 load)
  • Groceries
  • Start prepping stuff for upcoming weekend
  • Pick up RX
  • Dollar store errands
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Get some Halloween boxes down from attic
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday - DONE
  • Laundry - Last load is in washer
  • Prep Amazon return
  • ME day!!... crafting, watching tv, take a walk, 

Decluttering
  • 1 baby carriage (used to be dd's 31 years old and used by grandkids)
  • A few bottles of paint thinners (disposed of in a proper way)
  • 3 waterguns
  • 3 caps
  • 2 baby hats
  • 1 tupperware container

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Not sure I'll relax much this week but next weekend I should!



Funny of the week













5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful upcoming family weekend for you. Reading your to do list always makes me tired. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered at the temperature until I realized you were in Canada. Great picture. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Fall painting! So pretty!! And those faces on the littles, love them!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the funny! I know a few people who fall into that category. LOVE the painting also - so perfect for October. I can't believe how BIG the grand kids are getting. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lovely Lucie!
    Your upcoming Thanksgiving weekend sounds wonderful! I hope everyone stays healthy and everything works out beautifully. I'm always so impressed with your paintings. 😍 And those caramel apples are amazing! I would totally think they're real and end up biting into one. Lol Your grands are so adorable. That crazy pink hat just gives me a smile. So cute!! Perfect funny. 😂 Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete