Monday 25 July 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-07-25

Good morning 

3rd week with this cold! hmpf

I am on vacation for 2,5 weeks yippi!!

Workfront - the young girl who worked with me will be leaving also at the end of the month, which means we were 4 doing a certain job (+ other things) and now I will be all alone :(  fortunately she wasn't leaving before my vacation or I would not have been able to take any.  Soo.... since it's the one and only time I get a say in things I told my boss I would be coming in 1 day a week (and not 2) for the last 3 weeks of August.  She was NOT happy, showed in her face, but she could not say no.  However, she did say 2 days starting September.  We had happy hour last Thursday at her house.. wowee... a million dollar house!  very nice.

My son finally got water on Wednesday, they had to change the water pump.  They left here last Monday and have not seen them since... well.... dh and ddil had a disagreement so... 

Friday night we went to dh's cousin chalet in the woods for the evening.  Saturday we did housechores and in the evening we went to a local park for a music show with bil & sil.

Sunday was more chores with restaurant with bil & sil in the evening.

Today we decided to try to get our 2nd booster shot as the vaccino-bus was in town.. there was nobody so it was very quick.  picked up a few more groceries as the pope will be here this week and it'll be impossible to get to the grocery store.  My cousin and her boyfriend will be arriving tomorrow and will be leaving on Friday.

Next week I won't be posting (I think) as we will be leaving for 3 nights in a cabin we rented with sis, bil and my parents.  My daughter should be coming too.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Mostly sunny
27°
13°
Tue
Partly cloudy
24°
14°
Wed
Partly cloudy
27°
16°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
26°
16°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
26°
15°

At leasti it's gonna be less hot than last week,... it was so hot and humid.

On my mind 
Wishing this cold would leave.
Hoping ddil is not 'punishing' us by not seeing the grandkids.. but it sure is looking that way..

Upcoming this week
Guests and visiting around town

On the breakfast plate
Toasts dorés and oat milk

On my reading pile

Les Bridgerton - intégrale by Julia Queen


On my tv
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 
Big Brother
Started squid games with ds and ddil this weekend.

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week

I have prepped a bell-pepper casserole (in the freezer), pulled pork (in the freezer), made hamburger patties (in the freezer), sloppy joes (in the freezer)... so we'll see what we want to eat.

From the camera:




Looking around the house
Guest-ready.  I wanted to do a little bit deep cleaning and decluttering during vacations but I guess it is not to be... ah well, will do it in Fall

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Dusted main floor
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Dusted basement
  • Vac'd basement
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • Changed bedding in basement bedroom
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • 2nd booster dose - DONE
  • Groceries - DONE
  • Bake cookies
  • Bake a dessert
  • Bake muffins
  • Cut veggies for a crockpot soup tomorrow
  • ?? It's RUDOLPH DAY... what Christmas fun... hum.... 

Decluttering

Not doing well in the summer months

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Start Christmas ornaments for friends
Work on a pair of knit socks


Quote of the week


Enjoying vacation!






7 comments:

  1. Yay for vacation!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely Lucie! I hate you're still sick! Prayers you get over that cold SOON! And prayers for healing between your dh and ddil. Family dynamics can be so hard sometimes. I hope you have a wonderful time at your family outing next week! Vacation time is needed and wonderful. Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you feel better soon. Maye the vacation time will help. It is always a pain when traffic is tied up because of a "celebrity" in town. I hope you can stay home and out of the fray. I LOVE Christmas in July - 153 days 'til Christmas. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of that rain on your forecast hahah Bell pepper casserole sounds so good, I love bell peppers.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy your vacation! Hope all gets smoothed over with your ddil soon and you get to see the grandkids. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time off... RELAX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your vacation!! Thanks so much for stopping by my Christmas Blog!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete