Monday 27 June 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-06-27

Good morning 

A rainy one here but still hot.

Work

A 3-day week with my Monday off and Friday provincial holiday.  Our team supervisor will be leaving for another job, the new cw that was to help us is also leaving, another cw was helping us out 2 days a week and changed job and the young girl helping me out will finish her school in December so she is starting to look for a new job for Fall.  Sigh... I'll be the only one left to work for that area...  All of this made me give my name in another area (doubt it will work since they do not have a job with my job title but... it would be full-time telework and a job I would like).

Had dinner at restaurant with a groupe of cw- friends... 9 of us and 6 are retired.  One is not doing as well (he had brain cancer) as the others.  It was so much fun!

Personnal

We had a 4-day weekend as Friday was St-Jean-Baptiste day (provincial holiday).  It was a hot weekend... the 1st one since the one we had had in May.. so lots of outside chores to do.  

Friday night we went to neighbors as they were having a fire outside then we went to dh's cousin who was also having a fire outside.  We went to bed after midnight!

Saturday we went with neighbors to walk in the small town next to us and got some ice cream. 

We saw the grandkids on Sunday (they were babysitting ddil's younger sister - 3 years old- during the weekend).  Anne-E spent the day here with us (they did not have space in the car for 3 car-seats and had to take the young sister back to her house).

DH's uncle died on Sunday morning (father to his 5 cousins).  He has been sick for a few years.

Sunday was also my birthday... 57!  yay less years to retirement.. as you can all guess I am so over my job situation.  DH gave me a big garden gnome from Costco's.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Rain
26°
13°
Tue
Mostly sunny
24°
12°
Wed
Scattered showers
25°
13°
Thu
Partly cloudy
24°
15°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
28°
18°


On my mind 
My aunt who is battling with cancer and only has a few days left.  She is 68.

Upcoming this week
Next weekend my sister and brother-in-law will be coming here.  We have a music show Saturday afternoon and will go to the restaurant afterwards and take a walk in old-Quebec if the weather permits.

On the breakfast plate
Oat toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile

La fille du pasteur Cullen Tome 3 by ucy Diamond

On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None


On the menu this week
Spaghetti and....

From the camera:
Happy Birthday grandma!




Latest painting on watercolor paper







Looking around the house
Needs to be vac'd and picked up

On my to-do list

Over the weekend

  • Wash patio furniture
  • Vac gazebo
  • Wash guard rails
  • Wash 4-place swing (dh put new pieces on it and repainted it - looks good now)
  • Get the big sunbrella installed
  • DH mowed the lawn
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust kitchenette
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac main floor 
  • Make a recipe of spaghetti sauce... will do it in the crockpot in the gazebo so it won't smell up the whole house.
  • Post here
  • Finalize CIJ blogposts 
Decluttering 

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts 

Quote of the week

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the funny - too cute! Sorry your job situation never seems to be good - I hope you get the transfer to something you like better. Cute video of birthday - I can't believe how quickly your grand kids are growing! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Lovely! Happy belated birthday!! Looks like you had a lovely day. 💝 I hope that you can get the job you want at work. I'm so sorry it's not a great situation for you. And prayers for your Hubby's Uncle resting in love. And for your Aunt with her cancer. 🙏
    Your painting is beautiful!! And your funny literally made me LOL. 😆
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete