Monday 27 September 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-09-27

Good morning!  

Last week was very busy telework wise.  Return in person to the office was to start oct. 4th, our group was scheduled in for November but with Covid numbers on the rise all is on hold for now.  don't think anything will happen before 2022.  Anyways, my boss said that we will go in IF needed and she sees no reason for me to go in at all unless special occasions.  So I guess I need to rearrange my office more 'permanently' at home.

Friday afternoon I took off for dh's 2nd prep. course for retirement.  Afterwards, I finished a small painting on watercolor paper.

Last weekend I was sick most of the morning on Saturday... wondering if I had a food poisoning,  or a quick flu.   Xavier came over Saturday for a few hours while dh & ds got rid of their old dryer (at the eco-center) and put in the dryer ds had bought from my daughter.  

Saturday night, we had supper at a restaurant with neighbors.  I ate things that were easily digested, just in case.  We had a nice time.  Neighbor is getting operated next week and she'll be a long time without going out.

Sunday, daughter in law's dad was going to their house so we did not see the grandkids.  Went to Harvey's for supper.  I did housechores and dh did groceries and worked in his garage.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
17°
7°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
15°
7°
Wed.
Mostly cloudy
13°
7°
Thu.
Scattered showers
14°
6°
Fri.
Showers
13°
5°
Fall  is in the air!

On my mind
Hoping I don't have an infection and it was just food poisoning on Saturday and that all is allright now.
Since I will be working from home for a good while I need to start putting in place more routines.

On the breakfast plate
Oat toasts and milk

On my reading pile
Des fleurs pour ta première fois by Guillaume Morrissette

On my tv

Big Brother
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
Chaos
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Après
Virage
Chanteur masqué
Drama movies on Lifetime that I've recorded
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week
Nothing

On the menu this week
Monday - Sausages and potatoes
Tuesday - Chicken, rice, sautéed veggies
Wednesday - pork tenderloin, potatoes, veggies
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 

From the camera:
The birch tree painting I did with free Jesse Robertson tutorial.


Looking around the house
All has been picked up .. it's time to start some Christmas ornaments this week.  

On my to-do list

Done during the weekend
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust all main floor
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
  • Bake and freeze some pumpkin / chocolate chip muffins
  • Cut up and freeze veggies for a crockpot spaghetti sauce
  • Prep veggies for a side this week
  • Millet cream for some breakfasts
  • TONS of dishes
  • Behind & under fridge
  • Behind & under microwave (we have a BIG beast of a microwave that my parent's bought us about 30 years ago (650 $ in those days!!! nowadays you can get one for less than 100$).  I need dh's help to get it out so it doesn't happen often.
  • Pay bills
  • Worked on a knitted cowl (not finished yet)
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Osteo appointment at 1:00
  • Drop off donations at thrift store - DONE
  • Start Christmas ornaments
  • Cook sausages
  • Cook chicken - DONE (put it in the oven at 6:am). Will be for supper tomorrow
  • Cook potatoes
  • Watercolor birthday card for niece
  • ... rest, relax and craft!
  • uh-oh, change of plans ddil will be sending Xavier after his afternoon nap and he will stay for supper.
  • Other change of plans, just got a doctor's appointment at 10:45, still not feeling top-shape - no infection.  However I do have tendinitis left shoulder... sigh!

This week (extras before or after telework days)
  • Cut some plants outside   DONE last week
  • Deep clean basement bathroom   DONE last week
  • File papers in my bedroom side table
  • Go through my clothes in my armoire - Had started writing this last night... did it as soon as I got up this morning... a nice purge! - DONE
Extra things to accomplish if I have the time (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone


Decluttering
  • 2 games (given to my son)
  • 1 knee pad (in recycling)
  • 1 soap dish
  • 1 toy train (garbage it broke)
  • 11 camis
  • 2 books
  • 3 sports t-shirts 
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 sport legging
  • 1 t-shirt
  • 2 jeans
  • 6 pyjamas
  • I did bring to the basement about 6 more pair of jeans that are tight... if I don't fit in them next time I purge they will go out.
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Work on knitted cowl
Work on felt ornaments
Read


Funny of the week 



4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling much better this morning! Food poisoning is no fun. You get so much accomplished, I'm always amazed. Loved the funny. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA I don's sing in the shower, mainly because I CAN'T carry a tune (ha ha) but really cute! I hope you're feeling better and it was just a quick bug. I hope you get your "semi-permanent" work space organized just right! Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, loved the warning about singing in the shower! You're doing a great job of decluttering. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lovely Lady,
    I hope you're feeling better and that it wasn't anything serious! Well at least your commute to work will be nice and short. Lol Do you prefer working from home?
    Love your funny!! It made me giggle out loud. Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete