Monday 6 September 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-09-06

 Good morning!

We had a 3-day weekend (Labor day here in Canada today).  My daughter was here Saturday & Sunday.  My daughter-in-law and the kids also slept over on Saturday night.  My son was with friends (almost next door to his house) so he slept at his house.

There was also a running competition in our town over the weekend.  21km, 18km, 10 km, 5km, 2,5 km and 1 km, so lots of people running in our streets.

Dropped my ebook in bathtub last week, it is working after putting it in rice but the battery that held on for 2 days is now at less than a day... I think it's time to buy a new one... wanted to wait for Black Friday... hum....

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered showers
21°
13°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
21°
12°
Wed.
Rain
24°
16°
Thu.
Showers
23°
13°
Fri.
Scattered showers
21°
11°




On my mind
I need to work on Christmas ornaments and continue deep-cleaning ... I feel like I'm behind in my prepping.

On the breakfast plate
Waffles with butter and molasses and oat milk

On my reading pile
Psycho killer by Anonymous

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Expat
Big Brother
Good witch (season 6)
The Walking dead (season 8)
Six degrés
Christmas movies
Regular programs are starting again next week

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


7-in one crochet or knit wrap - would make nice gifts



Thinking of making something like this for Christmas ornaments (with felt)


On the menu this week
Monday - Hamburgers
Tuesday - 
Wednesday - 
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 
Have not had time to work on this


From the camera:
Xavier encouraging the runners :)

Painting on watercolor paper I did last week (not crazy about how the flames turned out)


Looking around the house
Fall decor is up so it's looking cozy

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac all main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Mop floors
  • Put up Fall decor
  • Empty dishwasher
  • Wash towels
  • Wash shelves in basement (shoes, and some stuff of dh's)
  • Write a to-do list for upcoming week
  • Cut some outside plants
This week (extras before or after telework days)
  • Wash linen closet
  • Pay bills
  • Continue cutting outside plants

Extra things to accomplish if I have the time (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Cut out felt ornies - I think I have finally decided what I'll do
  • Start a new scarf or cowl
  • Declutter some clothes I have in the basement
  • Reorganize basement freezer
  • Start washing kitchen cabinets
  • Wash bedding in my son's old bedroom

Decluttering
  • 10 vhs tapes
  • 1 pair of running shoes
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, craft - paint, knit, crochet

Funny of the week 
















4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your e-book, if it makes you feel better about not waiting, I've heard that (here anyway) the black Friday sales aren't expected to be quite as good as in years past. Kind of hope that's wrong though. Cute mitten ornaments! And of course, I always love seeing your fantastic paintings. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucie!
    I'm so glad you had a nice long Labor Day weekend too. Xavier with those runners was so darling! Love the mitten ornament idea. So cute! Would even be cute wrapped on top of a package.
    Your funny is always so perfect! 😂 Blessings to you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. You post was fun . Sometimes menus are hard for me too. I love your watercolors.

    ReplyDelete