Monday 26 July 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-07-06

 Hello,

Last week we went to my parent's house for our vacations - stayed 4 days.  Nice to reconnect with family.  My son and family came too - they went to some indoor games with Xavier.  I went to the store with dniece (13) and bought her a book and 2 purses (2nd one was $1 with 1st buy) and gave the equivalent to dnephew (11). Me & Sis did some purging while mom was out too. A very hot week.

Got back home, unpacked, did laundry, vac'd main floor, cleaned main bathroom (did not have time before we left).  Dh's cousin and girlfriend came to chat one evening.  we also visited one evening with some friends of dh.  We had the grandkids while ds and ddil played golf on Friday.

Sunday afternoon did errands (rainy day) costco and IKEA, followed by supper at the local pizza place with sil & bil.

This week we will be staying at home - Monday afternoon my brother and girlfriend will be here and staying for supper (maybe overnight too?) - tuesday we will have Anne-E while the kids go to the waterpark with Xavier. Wednesday they want to go play golf so we will have the grandkids.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered thunderstorms
27°
15°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
23°
11°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
24°
11°
Thu.
Scattered showers
22°
14°
Fri.
Showers
19°
12°

Finally lower temperatures, so tired of the heat and humidity


On my mind
Trying to find time to paint and knit... just doesn't seem to be happening

On the breakfast plate
Millet cream

On my reading pile
The Land of painted caves de Jean M. Auel.  The fifth in the Earth's children series.  

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Big Brother
Clash
Mr. Mercedes (season 3)
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies!!!  dvrd a bunch that were available for Christmas in July.

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None

On the menu this week
No idea - we will be on vacation

From the camera:
A page from a book - biography of one of my great -aunts.  this one concerns my great-grandparents.


Looking around the house
Lots to do .... more decluttering but will wait until my husband is out of the house... he reorganizes but doesn't purge much. 

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Pick up and get the house guest-ready as my brother and girlfriend are coming this afternoon

Decluttering (items that actually got taken out of the house)
  • An old cd-radio that wasn't working very well
  • Loads of papers (dh went through old income tax records)
  • Empty boxes
  • 1 tablecloth

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
relax, read, spend time with family

Quote of the week 


4 comments:

  1. HA HA love your funny at the end. :D Sounds like you're going to need a vacation from the vacations you have so much going on. Enjoy all the time with the grand kids and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun and busy vacation. I'm hoping to do a little decluttering and cleaning in my basement this week. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time with family is wonderful. Have a great time and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the family time! You're such wonderful grandparents and your kids are blessed to have you watch grandkids as they need. A win-win for all I'm sure 😉 Blessings on the rest of your week ahead xo

    ReplyDelete