Monday 7 September 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-09-07

Good morning!

A quick - late post.  It's labor day weekend here.

Had my 2nd dose for the shingles last Wednesday... my arm hurt 3 days and I had horrible headaches.

Saturday we went to see my parents and my siblings at my parent's camping station.  My daughter and Xavier came with us.  We slept at my brother house and came back on Sunday.  Was nice to see them all and they were all happy to see the kid.  He has started to talk jibberish and he is so funny.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered showers
24°
16°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
20°
13°
Wed.
Showers
16°
11°
Thu.
Scattered showers
14°
7°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
18°
7°


How I am feeling this morning
Was a horrible night.... my ears were hurting as well as my jaw and big headaches.  took tylenol every 4 hours .  This morning ears are not hurting as much ... I'm thinking it's all because the prednisone pills have lower dosage, hoping it won't all come back.
Right now it's 10:45 and feeling much better ... even though I'm having hot flashes.

On my mind
Lots to do but won't accomplish much.  My husband is helping my son with finishing off the exterior of his garage and my daughter in law is working... so I have my grandson with me, probably for the day.

Daughter-in-law has told us last weekend she is pregnant for the 2nd time... should be in May.  we are very happy with that news.

On the breakfast plate
2 eggo waffles with butter and maple syrup and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Le Tattoueur d'Auschwitch by Heather Morris

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 4)
Esprits criminels
Big Brother

On the menu this week
Lundi - For lunch - potage and bechamel sauce with hard-boiled eggs.
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

Haven't had time to figure it out yet

From the camera
9 months old today!


Looking around the house
Lots to do! Nothing got done with our weekend away. 

On my to-do list  

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - 
  • Vaccum main floor - 
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins - DONE
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Cut up tons of veggies to make a potage for today and 4 dump soups to freeze - DONE
  • Wash dishes


To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
work on  knitted socks for mom - have to undo half the foot as I picked up one too many stitches somewhere ...

Continue reading my Gooseberry Patch book


Quote of the week 









4 comments:

  1. Hello Luludou, hope your afternoon was better than your morning! I deal with allergies that cause me to have fits with head and sinuses until the afternoon, when meds finally kick in. I get shots on Wednesday for allergies but they do not help too much yet., your wee guy is a doll! Grands grow up so fast. My grand girls seem to be racing to see who is grown up first and they are 7 and 4! I know you live in Canada and probably do not deal with heat. Just the opposite I suppose, but I will be so happy when fall weather completely takes over! Have a great week! God bless you! SCHOTZY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grandchild on the way! Hope you're feeling better soon too! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new grandchild to be! Hope you are feeling much better today and having a great week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new grandbaby! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete