Monday 20 January 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-01-20

Morning!
Last week was regular 4-day work week.  
The weekend was super cold - brrrr

We went back to Cap-de-la-Madeleine to help assemble more IKEA furniture for my daughter and put up her new shower rod and curtains.  Left at 7:00 and back by 3:15.  Daughter-in-law and grandbaby Xavier got here 15 minutes after us (with Zach the dog).  My son had an activity with his coworkers at his boss's cabin.  He came home around midnight and they decided to sleep here.

Sunday the kids spent the day as my son had a hockey game at 2:30 and daughter-in-law had yoga at 4:00.  They left after supper around 7:30.

So I had lots of baby hugging over the weeknd.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly Sunny
-12°
-21°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
-12°
-15°
Wed.
Cloudy
-4°
-6°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
-1°
-8°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
-2°
-9°




How I am feeling this morning
I am achy and sleepy but will do some yoga stretches and eat breakfast afterwards then I'll start my day.  Lots to do as almost nothing got done during the weeknd.

On my mind
My to-do lists... chores, crafts, happiness journal to work on.

On the breakfast plate
Green tea with toasts and cooked pork slices with mustard
 
On my reading pile

La Santé repensée de Dr. Gaétan Brouillard
Yamaska - Réjanne de Anne Boyer

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'Académie (Saison 2)  Decided I have enough to watch and am not crazy about this one.
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Les Pays d'en haut (saison 5)
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
More Christmas movies on dvr

On the menu this week
Monday - egg rolls / rice / spare-ribs
Tuesday - Spaghetti
Wednesday - Pork tenderloin
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwich and soup in the crockpot
Friday - ?

From the camera






Looking around the house

chaos!  Need to finish ordinary chores.  At least it's warm and feels lived-in haha!

On my to-do list (chores) 


On Sunday I washed main bathroom.  Also did a little laundry and repaired one my husband's shirt pocket.  Filed papers in my bedside table.  Reorganized and decluttered 2 drawers in office desk and 1 drawer in corner armoire of the office.  Baked muffins
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Menu-plan - DONE
    • Laundry - ongoing
    • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow - DONE
    • Prep work clothes - DONE
    • Prep ziploc bags of crafts I want to do this year (not done last week)
    • Prep a Rudy day basket (books I want to look at that day, a Christmas cup, ... my Rudy day notebook ....) - not done last week
    • Yoga
    • Print my 'deep cleaning' list for the year
    • Vaccum 1st floor
    • Dust 1st floor
    • Declutter
    • Make a recipe with frozen bananas
    • Decorate 3-tiered tray
    • Craft
    To relax this week, I will
    Knit and crochet

    Sending positive vibes to
    All in need.
    Hoping medical research will find a way to get rid of Alzheimer's disease and inflammatory bowel disease.

    Quote of the week 

    8 comments:

    1. Baby hugs are the best!
      I am feeling very "crispy" myself this morning, lol!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your grandson is so cute! Sounds like you had a wonderful baby-filled weekend :) Funny inspiration. Hope you stay warm and have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Xavier is so cute! Lucky you to spend time snuggling!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Aren't grandchildren just the best ever. Loved the quote...that is precisely how I am feeling...a bit crispy!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Awww...baby huggin'! Isn't that just the best thing??? Precious grandson with a beautiful grandma! Hope your week is going well! Blessings!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love your quote meme. Super cute kitty. I've been complaining it's cold here and our temps were in the 30's. I'd never leave the hose with your temps. Enjoy those baby cuddles.

      ReplyDelete
    7. OOoohhh look at that little Pumpkin! You must truly have the best time getting in all of those snuggles. And your inspiration literally made me LOL! 😂 I relate to it more than I care to admit.
      have a blessed weekend ahead. xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    8. I AM RUNNING SO LATE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR NEXT WEEK! I hope yo had a GREAT week and such sweet pictures - what a blessing.

      ReplyDelete