Monday 6 January 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-01-06

Happy New Year!

Have not posted in the last few weeks because I've been super busy with the holidays.

We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house (27 people for the evening), was very nice - traditions!  My son was not there as he had his father-in-law's family at his house (and baby is only a few weeks old) - my daughter wasn't there either, she was working at the hospital.  25th was brunch at my sister's house, then we came home (3 hour drive) and had supper at my sister-in-law's with my husband's family and my son came by so they could see the baby.

On the 30th, my parents, sis & brother-in-law arrived for lunch.  My son came over with the baby so they could meet him for the first time.  My daughter got here on the 31st after working - she left on the 2nd.  The 31st was prepping and receiving my family and my husband's family for supper (24 people).  It was mother-in-law's 92nd birthday.  We then played games and had a cold buffet after midnight.  My family sleeps over when they come since it's a 3-hour drive.

Jan. 1st the family left before noon.  I picked up a bit while my husband went to his uncle's house and then my son came back with Xavier and my daughter in-law.  We gave out the Christmas gifts (was waiting for the kids to be here at the same time).  For supper we went to another sister-in-law's house and ordered supper (everyone pays for their lunch) and spent a quiet evening there.

My daughter left on the 2nd in the morning.  She broke off with her boyfriend of almost 7 years.  She visited some appartments that afternoon and found one.  She will be moving out soon.

We have seen our grandchild almost every 2 days since he's been out of the hospital :)  He loves being in our arms!


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom





Looking around the house
Everything is back to normal - Christmas is packed away and every room, bed, bathroom has been washed (there were people sleeping everywhere on NY's Eve).
A puzzle is set out on the kitchen table for fun.

On the living room table
It has chocolates (individually wrapped ones that don't need to be eaten right away ;) ), a pot of sugared nuts, a knitting bag, a yoga for the face book, my notebook, a 'sketch your day' book, a pen and my yearly goals notebook as well as the telephone and a computer... finally will be buying a new one tonight at costco's.  The one I have now keeps shutting off every few minutes.

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Snow Showers
-8°
-11°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
-6°
-11°
Wed.
Snow Showers
-3°
-17°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
-12°
-16°
Fri.
Snow
0°
-1

We had a balmy month of December after a cold and snowy November.  Just little snowpatches on the ground for Christmas

What I am reading
Une mémoire pour la vie de Alain Sotto... mom is starting to have memory problems, so....

On my tv 

Mr. Mercedes
Christmas movies

New programs start tonight so will be a full roster next week

Menu - planning
Monday:  Pineapple chicken (from frozen), rice, egg rolls.
Tuesday:  potatoes and ground beef with veggies and gravy
Wednesday: spaghetti
Thursday: grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday ?


On my to-do list 

Everything has been cleaned the last few days, so now I can relax a little.
Monday  
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - DONE
  • Craft
  • Pay cell phone bill
  • Make a few calls 
  • Finish writing down 2020 goals - DONE
  • Find word for 2020.
  • Go see the baby this afternoon as ddil has a conference call for work
  • Unsubscribe from lots of emails

Tuesday  (have taken an extra day off for vacations)
  • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow 
  • Prep work clothes 
  • Go to get a pair of gym pants hemmed
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Back to knitting socks, but my son wants a crochet Yoda mug cosy so will look that up.  I also have a crochet shawl I want to start for myself.

A simple pleasure
Holding the baby 


From the camera (there will be a special post just for Christmas as there is too much to put on here)
Xavier meeting his aunt (Joannie) for the 1st time

Xavier with his great-grandparents

Xavier and his dad

Xavier with dad and grandpa

Xavier sleeping on grandma 



Quote of the week 

6 comments:

  1. Chocolates would be cleared off our living room table right away, LOL! Sounds as if you had a wonderful holiday season and lots of snuggle time with your adorable grandson. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great holiday season!! Love the baby pics!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what sweet photos of the grandbaby!!! I can only imagine how much you must be enjoying him. I love the name Xavier, too. A great way to start the new year, to be sure! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you've been busy, but sounds like a lot of fun was had over the holidays :)

    Xavier is gorgeous, how sweet. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your post, Lucy! Sounds like you all had a great holiday season! We had a nice one here, too, but I'm glad to have all the Christmas stuff packed up and put away for another year and am ready to face 2020 and all that it holds with gusto! Enjoyed seeing your family photos, too! Have a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm running quite a bit behind visiting this week. I enjoyed catching up on your HHM post. You have been a busy gal! I love all the pictures - family is the best! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete