Sunday 10 November 2019

Happy homemaker 2019-11-11

Morning!

So my daughter's car was declared totaled (scrap) and she needs to find another ASAP, but since she has returned to school and still has another year to do, her budget isn't the same.  We will be going to see used cars with her Monday morning (she lives 2 hours from here).

This weekend I started slowly getting Christmas decor up.  Just the Christmas tree is left to do.  Had a few Christmas crafts and repairs to do too.  My husband helped all day Saturday at my son's house to put on the Christmas lights outside.  My son and daughter-in-law came for lunch on Saturday.
Sunday I continued with Christmas decorating and my husband went to a hockey game with neighbor.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom







The weather (in celsius)
Sun.
Scattered Snow Showers
3°
-8°
Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
-4°
-6°
Tue.
Snow
-2°
-9°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
-5°
-16°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
-5°
-8°
Fri.
Snow Showers
1°
-16°

Lots of snowflakes during the weekend.  There is snow on the ground now.

What I am reading
Les plains pouvoirs by David Baldacci 

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam
Mr. Mercedes
Prodigal son
Killling Eve
Channel "W" (which is a Hallmark channel) has started christmas movies so I've been recording those.

Menu - planning
Monday:  Beef tournedos with mashed potatoes and veggies
Tuesday: Chicken vol aux vents
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday ?

On my to-do list 
Monday
  • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow
  • Prep work clothes
  • Post here
  • Go to 3-Rivières to help my daughter get a used car.
NO REGULAR HOUSECHORES THIS WEEK... back to our regular programming next weekend ;)
    What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
    Knitted wool socks  - both pair of socks are up to the easy parts so it will be put aside for awhile.

    Crochet baby blanket - half done

    A simple pleasure
    The smell of fresh bread


    From the camera
    Pictures of my daughter's competition, mine were awful last week


    A picture of everyone who was at ddil's shower the other week

    Quote of the week 


    9 comments:

    1. Sorry about your daughters car! Hope you are successful in finding another.
      It's cold here, more snow predicted tomorrow and very cold for the week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, we did find a used car, she should go pick it up today. They will put snow tires on it right away.

        Delete
    2. I'm running sooooo late this week, forgive me. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you had a great week and I'll be back tomorrow!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm even later than you in reading the posts :)
        Have a great Week too

        Delete
    3. I love your quote of the week ha ha! And your daughter … WOW gorgeous!!!! Have a great week.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Dawn, we are very proud of her for all the hard work she did to get there.

        A great Week to you too.

        Delete
    4. I finally got everything done that I needed to do before tearing into the Van Gogh room and pulling out the Christmas stuff...and I. can't. WAIT!!! Will be starting that this afternoon! Christmas crafts, too! I am soooo ready for the holiday season and am greatly looking forward to it! Hope your week is going well! Blessings, Lucie! <3

      ReplyDelete
    5. Just me - late as always. Lol
      LOVE that you're a Christmas lover like me. However, I am trying to control myself and wait until after Thanksgiving to get things out.
      Your daughter is stunning!!
      And I your funny this week made me literally laugh out loud! 😂
      Blessings xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    6. Super late this week. Hope you've had a fantastic week and are enjoying your Christmas decor (I'm not allowed to put anything out until Thanksgiving is over).

      ReplyDelete