Monday 10 June 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-06-10

Morning!

Last week was my 2nd and last day of 1st-aid training - I think they should give this training (or part of it) in all high-schools.

Friday we babysat my son's dog and he slept over.

Saturday was housechores all day ... guess what???  My husband finished the bathroom remodel!  (I still have to buy toilet paper holder, bath carpet and a few odds and ends and that's it). 
In the afternoon was hockey draft for the LHJMQ in Quebec and my cousins'son was drafted by les Voltigeurs de Drummondville - félicitations à Mickael.
Then, my sister called and we met them as well as my aunt and uncle for supper in Old Québec.  
Sunday was more housechores but it was a nice day so I spent the afternoon outside reading, knitting, doing crossword puzzles.



The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
26°
14°
Tue.
Rain
16°
8°
Wed.
Mostly Sunny
23°
11°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
24°
11°
Fri.
Scattered Thunderstorms
16°
11°
Sat.
Showers
18°
11°




What I am reading
Finished my book yesterday so have yet to choose another one.

On my tv 

Rewatching the watching dead - tv marathon on local channel
The Good witch - series

Menu - planning
Monday - Macaroni chinois, egg-rolls & spare-ribs
Tuesday - ham and potatoes in the crockpot
Wednesday - Sausages and rice
Thursday - Grilled cheese 
Friday - 

On my to-do list 
During the weekend:
  • vaccumed main floor
  • vaccumed basement
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • did laundry
  • Baked muffins
  • Prepped overnight oats
  • Yogourts and fruits for lunches during the week
  • Menu-plan
  • Mopped kitchen, kitchenette and bathroom floors
  • Wash & remake my bed
  • Finish putting stuff away in the bathroom
  • Plant a few more flowrs
  • Weed out side and back of house flower beds
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Exercise - DONE - did a few stretches
  • ICAD
  • Prep rice - DONE
  • Prep Macaroni chinois - DONE
  • Cook some hard-boiled eggs - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes / work clothes - DONE
  • Errands : pick up mail, go to pharmacy, dollarstore, grocery store....
  • Craft
  • Air out LR cushions and throws
  • Call mom
  • odds and ends....

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
ICAD challenge

A simple pleasure
Having the bathroom remodel finished!!!

From the camera



Supper with family on Saturday followed by a chocolate-dipped ice-cream cone .

Quote of the week 

But I won't think about retirement until AFTER my husband remodels the kitchen  (and it's not for now!) 

10 comments:

  1. You are a busy little chickadee... YOu got all that done over the weekend and almost finished Monday's list already.. Please rub a bit of at off on me... I am not in the least motivated this week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the bathroom - I know that must be a HUGE relief. AND you are so right with your inspiration! We've lived through 2 separate restorations/remodels on 2 homes and can wholeheartedly agree that is one of the most stressful things to put a relationship through. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quote made me chuckle. I used to say that about wallpapering. Congrats on the remodel! Felt like it would never get done, but it did! What a beautiful family... I like all the open friendly faces!
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend - and yay for a new bathroom! We did that over Thanksgiving...just the trim is left. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy and fun weekend. Congratulations on getting the remodel done! Always enjoy your family photos! Hope you have a great week ahead! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for having the bathroom don!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited you have your remodel complete! I know there is an amazing sense of accomplishment when a remodel is complete! I hope you have a blessed week ahead of you! I will drop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sweetie!

    Yay for the remodel being done!! Love your funny inspiration too....it's perfect. Lol Fingers crossed for your kitchen one day.

    And congrats to Mickael on the draft! Have a blessed rest of your week ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear the bathroom remodel is done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of excitement over there with a completed remodel and your cousin's draft. Wow, congrats to all! CPR training is a high school graduation requirement here, is it not there? Hope you've had a great week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete