Monday 22 April 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-04-22

Snow is finally melting.  we still have some, but much less.  I don't think we will have any by the end of the week.  
We went to my parent's house for Easter.  Dad made a pork mechoui with homemade french fries (35 lbs of potatoes were peeled), with lots of salads and chocolate fountain and fruits for dessert.  We were 52.  Luckily it was nice outside.
DH will be out of town from wednesday night and back by Friday.  I will go in to work with my son (have sublet my parking space).

The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Sunny
13°
3°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
9°
2°
Wed.
Rain
4°
1°
Thu.
Cloudy
8°
2°
Fri.
Rain
9°
2°

Sat.
Rain and Snow
6°
-1°

What I am reading
Will chose a new book this afternoon

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
Les Américains
La Vraie Nature
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve
Le bon docteur
La Voix

Menu - planning
Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday - DH is out of town
Thursday - DH is out of town
Friday - ?
Not determined yet.

On my to-do list 
I deep spring-cleaned hallway and washed carpet runner for basement stairs.  Washed the stairs.  Did laundry.
Spent 2 days at my parent's house, stopped by dd's on the way there.  

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow 
  • Menu plan - 
  • Call mom 
  • Wash main bathroom 
  • Cut Fall flowers outside
  • Laundry
  • Dishes
  • Lots of things to do
  • Take down Easter decor

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting

Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)

Looking forward to
more time outside in the sun

From the camera

Easter at my parent's house






Quote of the week 



16 comments:

  1. What a lovely Easter you had!
    That is a-lot of people to celebrate with. : )
    Hope you have some sun your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lucy! What an awesome Easter! 35 pounds of potatoes and a chocolate fountain??? It doesn't get any better than that! LOL! Seriously, it sounds wonderful! Glad your snow is finally melting. My youngest daughter was in North Dakota and western Minnesota over the weekend and she said there was still snow in places there. Anyway you go, though, winter is over! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed stopping by! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter with lots of loved ones! I adored your quote! I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellie, hope you have a great week too

      Delete
  4. What a crowd for Easter!! Yay!! And I totally agree with your quote!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is a HUGE family gathering, but sounds so fun! I wouldn't want to be the one peeling all the potatoes though! SO glad to hear your snow is FINALLY melting. I hope your spring is beautiful. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The men were the ones who peeled the potatoes. Have a great week too

      Delete
  6. 52 people at your Easter? Wow! How wonderful to have so many to celebrate the holiday with you. Great pictures. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had such an awesome Easter, it's wonderful seeing a huge family get together. :)

    I hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful Easter. Good lord that's a lot of potatoes to peel!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is alot of potatoes! but it was sooo goood... homemade french fries! Have a great week

      Delete
  9. Holy moly - that is quite a group of folks! How fun, though, to have a family celebration that large!! ;)

    I love your inspiration and so true-I'm loving all the sun my northwoods has finally been getting. I've even seen first flowers coming up. Yay! Blessings to you for more sunshine and that you have a great rest of the week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers? oh lucky you! Can't wait for them to come out.

      Delete