Monday 8 April 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-04-08

Good morning!

A snow day here (or so they say as nothing has started yet).  Should be a snowstorm here today.  I prefer that to freezing rain but we could skip this snowstorm.  Patio FINALLY has no more snow on it - my husband finished clearing it up yesterday.
My daughter was here for the weekend and Friday night we had a family supper for my son's 26th birthday.  His choice was hamburgers :)


Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Snow
-2°
-3°
Tue.
Snow Showers
-1°
-5°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
4°
-5°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
7°
-2°
Fri.
Showers
5°
4°
Sat.
Scattered Showers
8°
2°


What I am reading
Maléfices de Maxime Chattam

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
Les Américains
La Vraie Nature
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve

Menu - planning
Monday - Béchamel sauce with eggs for dh / salmon for me
Tuesday - rice-chicken casserole
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I baked muffins, washed all ceilings on main floor, spring-deep-cleaned kitchen: walls-woodwork-furniture-light fixture.  Washed windows outside of door (kitchen), patio door (inside-out), kitchenette (inside-out) and basement bedrooms (where there is no snow!) and did laundry of course.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow 
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Call mom 
  • Craft (if time!)
  • Laundry (still more to do!)
  • Prep chicken-rice casserole
  • Make orvernight oats for my breakfasts this week
  • Wrap birthday gifts for my daughter
  • Cook rice
  • Wash main bathroom 
  • Vaccum all main floor
  • Cut pineapple
  • Call (again) for Sunbeam heating blanket... was on hold 2 hours last Monday and didn't get to speak to anyone... great consumer service!!!!
  • lots of other odds and ends (don't think I'll have time for yoga) ...
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting

Crochet cowl - DONE -  need to sew a few decorative buttons
Crochet bunny garland

Looking forward to
Doing more decluttering

From the camera
26th Birthday... and a new house which explains the waterhose and Elastics.  He also had a shirt, a Sweatshirt and some $$.




Quote of the week 

Don't know who asked for this upcoming snowstorm but....


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've already had a busy week and with more to come. I LOVE your quote - this truly has been the winter that never ends - or so it seems. I hope you get very little snow so your patio stays cleaned up. Happy birthday to your son - looks like a yummy cake. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get the predicted snowstorm here though it was in all areas around us. we got a few inches. but it has snowed more today than yesterday.

      Delete
  2. I can hardly believe you're still getting snow! Oh my, yes, send that crazy snow asking person to Dairy Queen. Sending lots of spring wishes and warmer weather your way. Happy Birthday to your son. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son!!!
    And snow??
    Yikes!
    Your cleaning has inspired me to get started.
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did deep-clean kitchen last weekend and today doing the LR (except for couches and having curtains aired because of snow)

      Delete
  4. oh not more snow! We might get more on Wednesday. New Amsterdam is coming back this week, yea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering what had happened to my dvr... had no NewAmsterdam on there! glad it's back on

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh.. I love the quote!! So sorry you are getting more snow! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi. At least the snow won't stay on the ground for long.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son. Snow?? Please dont't send it my way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I think I'll send it back to the North Pole ;)

      Delete
  7. Greetings, Lucy! Love the quote! LOL! Did you end up getting the snowstorm that they were predicting? Your menus look great! I love grilled cheese sandwiches! :) Blessings for a great week ahead and Happy Birthday to your son! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope not quite what was predicted but we did get a few inches and it is snowing today AGAIN. Have a great week

      Delete