Monday 3 September 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-09-03

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Got the results from job interviews - it's a no-go but the one that went well I met him and he asked my permission to give my name to his other directors, so that's nice.  Also got my invite to the govt. exams on Sept 15.  It will be hard as I had done exams in January (2 tests, one good one not so good) and they are transfering the results of the one that was not so good - so I'm starting with a strike.

DH gave the contract for a back fence on Friday.  Today he is pulling out the hedge.
DS made an offer on his 1st house today.

The weather
Mon.
Scattered Thunderstorms
28°
19°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
26°
18°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
31°
19°
Thu.
Scattered Showers
22°
13°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
22°
11°
Sat.
Sunny
18°
10°
Sun.
Scattered Showers
19°
13°


What I am reading
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

On my tv 
Big Brother

Menu - planning
No idea - we were away for the weekend for a double funeral and my routines are not back into place

On my to-do list
Regular chores, laundry, groceries

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
Work on felt ice cream cones for a Halloween costume

Looking forward to
Fall coming soon!

Something I watched
Nothing much this week

From the camera



                                      DH pulling out the hedge
      

Quote of the week

7 comments:

  1. Sorry it was a not quite yet on your job interviews but it sounds like there's still a bit of hope? I need to read Sharp Objects, I've read her other two books...definitely page-turners. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't matter about the job, what will happen will happen. It's not bad where I am, just not quite as good as it used to be. Have a great week too

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the job interview, but sounds like the second place was interested, so fingers crossed :)

    Your wood slice ornaments sound really interesting, would love to see more.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH finally drilled holes into them so as soon as it's LESS hot I will start painting them

      Delete
  3. How are you liking Sharp Objects? I was thinking about picking it up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite strange but interesting for now

      Delete
  4. GREAT quote! Sorry you're having such job woes - hope it all works out soon. Hope you had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete