Tuesday 31 July 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-07-31

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Back to our regular programming (with one day late!) of Happy Homemaker Monday.  We are back to spend our last week of vacation at home.

The weather

Too hot for my liking! around 28-30C every day with chances of rain showers.

What I am reading
De mère en filles - Alice de Dominique Drouin

On my tv 
dvrd films

Menu - planning
As we are on vacation, it is as we feel each day - no planning this week.  Although I did make banana-oat crepes this morning to freeze for easy lunches next week.
I want to use up what we have in the freezer before Fall.


On my to-do list
Simple things, paperwork, errands.. dh will be starting the bathroom remodel so that'll keep me busy with the picking up.

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a new pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.

Looking forward to
Working on my Fall calendar 

Something interesting I watched
Haven't watched much of anything with vacations - we went fishing the 1st weekend with my parents, one brother and my sis (bil).  We followed that with 4 days at Hampton Beach with sis and brother in law.

From the camera

Supper at Outback - we go there when we go to the States - very good Steakhouse (quality/price)

Hampton Beach!

Yep, on Friday it was getting pretty crowded

Me and sis on the way back


                                            

Quote of the week


9 comments:

  1. Hampton beach! Were you in New Hampshire, Lucie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! we passed by Maine and went to New Hampshire. The exchange rate is just so high! $1,34 canadian for $1 US.

      Delete
    2. I live in NH!😊 Wish I had known!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to clear out our pantry/freezer before fall as well. Tonight's throw together dinner (forgot to thaw the planned meal) had mixed results. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Today was an easy vacation day... reading, knitting, a little laundry .... :)

      Delete
  3. LOL I have a question - if you're on vacation this week, why is hubby starting the bathroom? Does he find it enjoyable? Enjoy the rest of your vacation whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's starting the bathroom because it's the only full time he has for it :).... but the truth is he didn't do much. However we did decide more or less what we want so we will be ordering everything this week

      Delete
  4. Me, three! It's time to focus on fresh produce and using up what's in the freezer here. I haven't made it to my food inventory yet. Today might be a good day to do that. Thanks for the inspiration. Looks like you've been having a nice vacation. Blessings for a great rest of the week! <3

    ReplyDelete