Monday 25 June 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-06-25

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

June 25th!  Exactly 6 months to Christmas!  My blogposts are all ready for Christmas in July :)
June 23rd was our 28th wedding anniversary... as usual I forgot about it! MIL reminded me and she is 90 years old :)  Nothing special was done (more tummy problems again) but we spent a nice day at home.  It's a 3 day weekend for everyone here as our national holiday - St-Jean-Baptiste is on the 24th and everyone has a day off (this year will be the Monday following).   I took Friday off (vacation day) so it gives me a 4-day weekend.


The weather


Mon.
Showers
16°
8°
Tue.
Sunny
25°
12°
Wed.
Mostly Sunny
27°
16°
Thu.
Rain
21°
16°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
27°
16°




What I am reading
Besoin d'un chum pis ça presse! de Johanne Pronovost

On my tv 
dvrd shows

Menu - planning
No idea yet


On my to-do list
A mile long to-do list for the 4 days off, including laundry, vaccum, wash jennair, menu planning, some knitting, flowerbed deweeding, sweeping patio & gazebo, cleaning up bathrooms, grocery shopping, file papers in my bedside table, etc... 

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a new pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.

Looking forward to
My birthday on Tuesday

Something interesting I watched
Loose watercolour poppies video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-yNMXLWFo
really nice! 

From the camera

Painting I made for 4-noon paint classes at work - leaves were really hard for me!

                                            

Quote of the week


4 comments:

  1. The cardinal painting is stunning! You're so talented (and it's one of my favorite birds, too). Happy early birthday! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day. And happy belated anniversary. Love you're painting, so talented. Not quite ready to get excited about the Christmas thing, LOL. Hope you enjoy your week is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Happy (belated) Anniversary!
    Sounds like there's a lot of celebrating in your house these days. Looking forward to your CIJ posts.

    ReplyDelete