Sunday 20 May 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-05-21

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Another busy week gone by.  At work we had retirement party for my cw - Monique.  will post pictures next week when I get them - we had a photobooth and had lots of fun.  Had supper there and got home by 9:20 that night.  We also went twice to see some eyeglasses for dh.  At work had to compensate for some people not showing up and not doing their work + picking some of retiring cw's work.



The weather
should be in the low 20's this week with sun and a few showers - a nice spring week.


What I'm reading
Last week I read the pope's daughter by Dario Fo - did not like it at all.  It was about the Borgia family but more like a theater-play.
Now reading A tear has to fall by Joan Jonker

On my tv 
Am recording stuff but not watching much... spring is here!

Menu - planning
No idea - will plan it out tomorrow.

On my to-do list
Regular housechores
Laundry
Menu-planning
Bake muffins
Pick up  construction permit for the bathroom renovations
Pick up my coat at sewing lady
Pick up package at post office
Prep some overnight oats for my breakfast 
Prep gym clothes for tuesday and work clothes
Blog
I did manage to finish washing ALL windows this weekend, gazebo is washed on the outside, guard rails are all done too and swing is washed.  Almost done with the spring work!

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a new pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Work on my paint-class painting (a cardinal)
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.

Looking forward to
Resting tomorrow, we had a chore-filled weekend

Something interesting I watched
An easy stretching 20-min routine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqB-y2YI88&app=desktop


From the camera
Nothing much, so here's an old picture of my grandparents with my father the one on the right (without glasses), and some of my aunts and uncles. 


                                                    

Quote of the week




8 comments:

  1. Sounds like work continues to be a little strained - hope it all works itself out soon. What a wonderful old family photo.

    You do windows? LOL I hate doing windows, but love seeing through the clean ones.

    I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to be able to see outside with clean windows!

      Delete
  2. Last night at Knit Night, I worked on a little knitted bandana for my little dog. It's made from leftover yarn from the Sockhead Hat on Ravelry. I'm harvestlanelaura on Ravelry. Are you on there?
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'm not on Ravelry but will look it up :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Luludou! Sorry I'm responding so late this week. Have been out of town and didn't get home until last night. Enjoyed reading your post and love the old family pic. What a treasure! Love the quote, too. Could share a lot about that saying! If you're interested, email me and I will share my store! :D Have a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to hear about your stories with that saying. :)

      Delete
  4. Fun quote! Old family photos are always so great to see. Super late visiting this week, hope it was wonderful and you have a great weekend ahead as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jean. Have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete