CIJ day 6 / jour 6
How to stay in good health DURING the holidays
· Start with porridge – it stabilizes the blood sugar level and helps control the appetite later in the day. Add a dollop of probiotic yogourt
· Stay hydrated – water / herbal tees. Start with a warm glass of water when you wake up – you could add a little lemon in the water.
· Pre-party snack : yogourt, banana, soup…
· Buffet – fill half you plate with salads / veggies and proteins
· Eat slowly / chew your food. Remember it takes 20 minutes to reach the brain that the stomach is full.
· Alcohol – alternate each glass of alcohol with a glass of water
· Stay active – walk, dance
· Do what you enjoy
· Have a home-spa day (use Epsom salt in your bath)
· Sleep / nap
· Wash your hands often! Wipe down high-touch surfaces.
· A Chinese self-massage in the morning http://qigonghealingarts.blogspot.ca/2011/11/chinese-self-massage-in-morning.html