CIJ day 2 / jour 2
Getting in shape for the Holidays
· Easy yoga routine. I like the ones with Esther Eckhart on youtube and you can do the part of the body you want or a whole routine. I do the beginner routine… I like the seated hip opening sequence (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPUAppdfqs )and Yoga for opening the shoulders (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppToA1N0CgE ). I also like the Morning yoga flow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffMmPZ3yZE )sequence. They are quite short sequences so I do at least 2 of them at a time. Cole Chance from YogaTX is another one I like very much.
· Any other exercise or stretching is good – 20 minutes would be great if you don’t exercise regularly. You can get a printable easy stretching routine here : https://www.offgridweb.com/preparation/daily-stretching-exercises/
· Sleep – have a regular sleep routine IMPORTANT!
· Hydration – plenty of water.
· Eat light – healthy foods. Remember it’s a no cheat month. Do portion control and no alcohol!
· Cut sugar – salt
· Regular vitamin D
· Get your flu shot
· Relaxation – meditation – drawing – 15 minutes a day.
· Walk at least 15 minutes a day
· Lymphatic system massage http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14639 or on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-wi0d7-Ro
· Self-massage with tennis balls http://www.prevention.com/fitness/fitness-tips/natural-pain-relief-tennis-ball . In fact when I found this, I printed it out instantly. I will be trying this.
· 8-step ayurvedic morning ritual http://everydayayurveda.org/8-step-ayurvedic-morning-ritual/