Q. What do you call a little monster's parents?
A. Mummy and deady.
Recipe - liquorice ice mice
Yields: 16 cakes
Oven Temp: 350
· 1 box(es) Betty Crocker Super Moist German Chocolate cake mix , prepared
· 1/3 cup(s) grade-A dark maple syrup
· 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin pie filling
· Black food coloring
· 1 tub(s) Duncan Hines Classic Vanilla frosting
· Black licorice
1. Coat a mini-egg cake pan with cooking spray and fill each compartment to the top with prepared cake mix. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, then cool cakes on a wire rack. Repeat until you've baked 16 cakes.
2. Slowly add black food coloring to 3/4 tub of frosting, while stirring, until frosting turns pale gray. Microwave for 10 seconds, and stir; repeat until frosting is thin enough to pour, then coat cakes.
3. Apply pieces of licorice to form tails (cut to 4 inches) and shaped ears (cut to 2 1/2 inches), as shown.
4. Slowly add black food coloring to remaining frosting, while stirring, until frosting turns dark black. Pour inside a freezer bag with one tip snipped off to create a piping sleeve. Use piping sleeve to draw eyes, nose, and whiskers.
Craft - tattered drapes
I have made these. Just use dollar-store cheesecloth (gauze), drape over your curtain rods. tear holes through them.
You can spray tea or coffee on them to add stains. I also put some plastic bugs on them.
It's really creepy and gives the atmosphere for the party.