Monday, 26 July 2010
CIJ day 26
Recipe - gifts from the kitchen - Deep chocolate brownies
Deep Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 24 bars
Prep: 25 minutes Bake: 35 minutes
· 1 egg
· 1 cup butterscotch-flavored ice cream topping
· 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
· 2 cups flaked coconut
· 3/4 cup butter, softened
· 1-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
· 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
· 2 eggs
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat the 1 egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy and light colored. Stir in ice cream topping. Fold in pecans and coconut; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in cooled chocolate, the 2 eggs, and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat or stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in chocolate pieces. Spread in prepared pan; spread nut mixture over batter. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden and set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
Craft of the day - Christmas ball
No-fuss kissing ball. Wrap a 4-inch Styrofoam ball in a 14-inch fabric square; secure with a rubber band. Thread the end of 1 1/2 yards of ribbon down through the band, around the ball, and up through the band's other side so ribbon ends match up (knot them to hang the ball). Wrap 14 inches of ribbon around the ball's other side (crossing first ribbon, as shown); tuck ends into band. Hide band with a shimmery bow and festive sprigs.
To All EmployeesFrom Management
Subject Office conduct during the Christmas season
Effective immediately, employees should keep in mind the following guidelines in compliance with FROLIC (the Federal Revelry Office and Leisure Industry Council).
Running aluminum foil through the paper shredder to make tinsel is discouraged.
Playing Jingle Bells on the push-button phone is forbidden (it runs up an incredible long distance bill)
Work requests are not to be filed under "Bah humbug."
Company cars are not to be used to go over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house.
All fruitcake is to be eaten BEFORE July 25.
Egg nog will NOT be dispensed in vending machines.
In spite of all this, the staff is encouraged to have a Happy Holiday.