Monday 15 February 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-02-15

Good morning!  

Last week was another busy week of deep-cleaning the house.  I washed LR furniture and couches and the staircase.  So mostly I am done with main floor (still have to air curtains, wash blankets and pillows... waiting for the right temperature).  Behind fridge and under microwave to do too (need my husband's help for these.. heavy).  oh and my closet, 2 entry closets (waiting for change of seasons) and the pantry.

Had to call cable company again.. of course the cost went up again... have to start thinking of letting go of things ... update our way of using tv and internet

Saturday for our Valentine's supper we picked up steak-frites (we cannot eat in restaurants here because of pandemia).  Don't know if it was that or my dinner (lots of cheese) but I was sick part of the night :(

My grandson was here from Saturday afternoon to Sunday after supper.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Snow showers
-6°
-9°
Tue.
Snow
-6°
-11°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
-7°
-18°
Thu.
Mostly cloudy
-7°
-12°
Fri.
Snow
-7°
-10°


Tuesday and Friday we should have quite a few inches of snow.

On my mind
Wanting to finish all the cleaning and getting back to normal housechores. 
Hoping vaccines get here quickly (only 3% of the population has been vaccinated, we are way behind lots of countries), so that we can get back to a new normal and we can go see family.

On the breakfast plate
 2 rains-bread toasts with a banana and a glass of water

On my reading pile
Finished my book this morning so have yet to pick another one.

On my tv
The office (season 4)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échappée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie
Pennyworth (Season 1)
Les Beaux Malaises
5e rang

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

5 RENTER FRIENDLY PEEL & STICK PRODUCTS | REMOVABLE UPGRADES - YouTube

I don't agree with all the uses (bathroom counter) but there are lots of quick and easy ideas there.  Gives me things to think about.  I also saw a few more of her videos and like the Ikea shopping ones.


On the menu this week
Lundi -  Tourtière (from the freezer)
Mardi-  Ham & potatoes in crockpot
Mercredi - Smoked meat sandwiches
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

From the camera:

Xavier playing peek-a boo



Looking around the house
Wanting to take down Valentine's decor.  Is it too early for St-Patrick's day decor?
I also want to declutter more.

On my to-do list 

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Menu-plan - DONE
  • Morning routine
  • Wash Xavier's bedding
  • Work on a baby blanket for future baby
  • Pay cable company
  • Paint afternoon
  • Take down Valentine's day decor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Teams meeting at 10:00 for work
This week
  • Morning routine - 
  • Telework
  • Friday - haircut appointment
  • Wash basement freezer ?? (big job)
  • Wash basement pantry

In my crafting basket
Need to finish knit socks (am at toes).
Crochet baby blanket


Quote of the week 












8 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! I need to take down my Valentine's decor as well though I didn't put much out. Not sure if I'm ready to put up the St. Patrick's Day stuff. Hard to get in that mindset when it's freezing cold and snowing still. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take down the Valentine but did not put up St-Patrick's yet. Still cold and snowing here too.

      Delete
  2. Peek-a-boo was always my favorite...look at those adorable little feet sticking out under the curtains! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the peek-a-boo picture, it is so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Hello dear Friend! Sending prayers that the vaccine gets out there too. Praying for our world to get all covered soon and we can all go back to normal! I don't think it's too early for St. Patty's day goodies at all. 😉 And I love the video with the cool idea! I never knew they had raised stick on back splash that looks like tile like that. What an awesome way to cheaply make an apartment look a million percent better! Have a blessed week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carrie. I do hope we can get back to 'normal' soon.

      Delete
  4. Xavier is such a cutie! If you watch the news here in the US it sounds as if the vaccination program is not going well. But here in AZ it's going great. We're taking my parents and my husband to get theirs tomorrow. And since they're vaccinating every adult in the car, I should get mine too. (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your vaccination is going so well!! here not at all, they just aren't getting the vaccines.

      Delete