Monday 6 July 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-07-06

Hello friends,

Mother-in-law died last Friday at 3:51 am, surrounded by her 4 children.  She was medicated and not 'there' the last 2 days before that.  She was transfered to a hospital near here and we got to see her a few more times before she left us.

The funeral will be next Sunday at 3:00 pm... but so complicated with covid-19!  we have to limit the number of people who can attend and she had a big family.

So last week was one of going to the hospital every other day (for me), every day (for dh).
I also had bloodwork in town last Monday and ran a few errands.  
Thursday had enocrinolgist appointement to see how my thyroidite was... I knew it wasn't healing well.  In fact my inflammation is back up (throat, ear, jaws were still hurting).  So she has to up the prednisone pills.. in doing so it has been some time now so we have to deal with sideffects.  So now I have to take osteoporose pills in prevention once a week and have to start taking a blood lecture for diabetes every day.  Depending on the results we'll see if I have more pills to take for that.  Lungs are not 100% either so have to take short walks frequently.  My face is starting to get puffy and have gained another 3,5 lbs in 2 weeks.  Can't wait for this thing to heal properly!
Friday was Canada day for my husband (mine had been on Wednesday), he spent the morning on the phone calling relatives for mother-in-law and dealing with some paperwork.  I took the afternoon off work.
Friday my son, daughter-in-law and Xavier came for supper and stayed the night.  DDIL was working on Saturday at noon and my son and grandson left at 3:30.  We went with them to their house - my husband helped him mow the lawn and set up his new patio kit.  We ordered pizza for supper.  
Sunday was a way cooler day (nice!) with a few raindrops.  My husband washed my 4-place swingset with the water pressure machine and did more paperwork.  I did regular housechores.  We picked up supper at A&W and ate on the Pier


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly cloudy
22°
13°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
29°
19°
Wed.
Thunderstorm
28°
18°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
29°
19°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
33°
21°



Today should be nice but way too hot afterwards.


How I am feeling this morning
Sleep cycle is once again gone to the birds.  Prednisone is a stimulant and by upping my pills out goes the sleep.  Been awake since 3:15 but got up only at 5:00 with the alarm so as not to wake up my husband.
Went for a 20 minute rapid walk while it's cool outside.
Am hungry now but have to wait until 6:30 to take all the medication and then wait half an hour for breakfast, so have time to come post here before that.

On my mind
Funeral coming up on Sunday.
Have an important work file to finish up this week.

On the breakfast plate
Have not yet decided (probably 2 toasts) but it'll be almond milk and green tea to go with it.

On my reading pile
The wife between us de Greer Hendricks

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 2)

On the menu this week
Lundi - Mashed potatoes and sausages
Mardi-  Chicken - rice maple casserole
Mercredi - spaghetti
Jeudi -  grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

From the camera
Have not taken pictures in awhile so thought this was soothing (from the web)



Just remembered my son sent me a few pictures
Going to daycare - 1st day

 With his grandpa



 Looking around the house
Looks ok but I want to make another to-do list with 'extras' to add each week in the decluttering section.

On my to-do list  

Over last weekend
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Mop floors
  • Dust all main floor
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • Muffins for the week (dh made them)
Monday
  • Prep supper 
  • Prep chicken for tomorrow night
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth 
  • Take at least one walk - DONE
  • Call pharmacy 
  • Call to confirm time of next appointment with endocrinologist (she only wrote date on my paper)
  • Call mom
  • Do at least 1 hour of telework (will finish earlier another day) to advance the important file
  • Go over gift closet?
  • wash shower
  • work on tunisian crochet scarf
  • ...
To relax this week, I will  
Craft
Start getting questions ready for a grandparent journal... mom is slowly forgetting things so it might be time to jot some things down. - not done yt

Quote of the week 


10 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy at the loss of your MIL. What a difficult time. And as you said, with the Covid restrictions it will be hard to choose who can attend her funeral. We live in such surreal times. Hope your new medicine regimen helps you heal quickly. I'll be thinking of you this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mother in law. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying things start looking up for you and your family! Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and it's always a pleasure to drop by and read your posts

      Delete
  4. I'm very sorry about your mother-in-law. My husband's aunt died in April, when things were really bad here in NY, so I completely understand how hard it is with the funeral. Sending lots of love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is complicated with covid-19. thank you

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother in law. Prayers for your family during this difficult time. I love your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Hope you heal soon, must be hard with all the stress of losing a loved one. Your grandson is so cute! Hope you have a healing week.

    ReplyDelete