Halloween stirs up all kinds of phobias, and if you are feeling creeped out by the festivities this year, you may suffer from one of the following:
• Fear of cats = ailurophobia
• Fear of cemeteries = coimetrophobia
• Fear of ghosts = phasmophobia
• Fear of Halloween = samhainophobia
• Fear of spiders = arachnophobia
• Fear of the dark = nyctophobia
• Fear of witches = wiccaphobia
It was believed that black cats were witches’ familiars and protected them.
Vampire bats do exist, but not in Transylvania. They are typically found in Central and South America where they feed on horses, cattle or birds.
If you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, legend says you will see the face of your future spouse.
It is also believed that if you see a spider on Halloween, it is the spirit of a loved one watching over you.
Finally, if you have tattoos, a unibrow or unusually long middle fingers, then you just might be a werewolf, otherwise known as a lycanthrope. Creepy!