Monday 16 May 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-05-16

Good morning friends!

Recap of last week:

2 days of telework and 2 days at the office.  Friday daycare was closed so my husband did the babysitting.  After grandkids left we spent the evening chatting with neighbors untils 10pm outside, perfect weather and no bugs!

We did not have the grandkids over the weekend (they went to their other grandpa's on Saturday and Xavier slept over there and came back Sunday for supper).

So we did a costco run on Saturday morning and dh picked up a few pieces of lumber at Home Hardware to repair the swing outside.  We also visited with sil's (1 Saturday evening and the other Sunday evening).  We did multiple housechores and I even got to sit outside Saturday afternoon and read.

I usually do not work on Monday but had to assist to some important meetings so will be taking next Friday instead, which is why this post is going up late.

Ah yes, and the Pope is coming to the next town in July... that means that during 1-2 days we will not be able to leave the house as roads will be blocked.. etc.... groceries will need to be done beforehand.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Scattered thunderstorms
24°
12°
Tue
Showers
14°
6°
Wed
Mostly sunny
17°
5°
Thu
Showers
16°
8°
Fri
Scattered showers
23°
16°


On my mind
Planning our vacations
Christmas in July blogposts to plan
So much to do....

On the breakfast plate
Chocolate croissants and oat milk

On my reading pile

99 façons de prévenir les effets du vieillissement: Conseils d'un physio by 


On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
Les bracelets rouges (saison 1)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing



On the menu this week
No Idea

From the camera:
Xavier filling up his pool on Friday

Looking around the house
It's ok but I want to get rid of more

On my to-do list

This weekend
  • Vac main floor
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Dust all main floor
  • Take out more summer clothes, try them on and declutter some
  • Costco
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Telework
  • check out if my income taxes are ready to be paid
Decluttering
  • 1 wooden rocking chair (it was mother in laws and has been up for sale for awhile), finally out of the house
  • 2 capris
  • 2 shorts
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Sketch giraffe
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts to plan

Quote of the week










3 comments:

  1. Always so good to hear from you... Wow, I am always amazed by the temps there. They seem terribly cold.. Especially for a swimming pool full of water! That's the old lady in me I suppose!!! My tests are not too serious. The scan in prep for the endoscopy coming up and the MRI for the back doctor to tell me how I can be helped. I have arthritis and some bone loss and am doing therapy and it is helping but my back is still a bit of an issue! I have to be strong for our summer trip to Scotland!!!! God bless you!!! Schotzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friend! Wow - the pope is visiting! Some exciting stuff. 😊 And love seeing Xavier with his pool ...true signs of Spring up your way too. I hope the covid numbers behave this summer and we can all be out and about soaking it up and enjoyng with abandon! Love your funny! You find the best ones. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete