Monday 12 April 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-04-12

Good morning!

Full confinement except essential services have been extended for ANOTHER 10 days.  I had my 1st dose of AstraZeneca Saturday morning - if you wanted to wait for another kind of vaccine 55 years and more it would've been in June, so...  I had some side effects Saturday evening, night and half the day Sunday.. fever, nausea and HUGE head-ache.  took tylenol every 4 hours and finally Sunday around 2:00 was back to normal me.  2nd dose will be July 31st because there are not enough vaccines to give them earlier, they want to get the most people innoculated as quickly as possible... lots of new cases in our are.

New baby should be arriving next weekend, she will be provoked either 16, 17 or 18, depending on how busy they are (something to do with her liver).

To give future mom some time off (and time to sleep in!) grandson arrived on Friday afternoon and left sunday after lunch.  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .



The weather (in celsius).
Mon.
Mostly cloudy
11°
5°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
12°
2°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
14°
4°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
14°
4°
Fri.
Mostly cloudy
11°
2°


On my mind
Just one of those days where you have to start and do a little at a time, been too long without seeing my family.

On the breakfast plate
2 raisin-cinnamon toasts with a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
La vie a bout de bras t1 by Claude Coulombe

On my tv

L'échappée
District 31
Star Académie
Lots of recorded shows and Christmas movies


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week






On the menu this week
Lundi - Pork tenderloin / fried potatoes / asparagus
Mardi-  Bechamel sauce with hardboiled eggs and vols-aux-vents
Mercredi - Breakfast for dinner or spaghetti
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - TBD


From the camera:

My grandson



Looking around the house
Had time to pick up a bit on Sunday morning.  but floors need a good mopping.  More decluttering needs to be done in basement.

On my to-do list 

Over the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom 
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Laundry
  • Washed my bedding
  • Baked muffins for my husband's breakfast this wek
  • Made jello for some quick desserts
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - DONE
  • Morning routine - this has gone by the way-side the last few weeks :( - HALF DONE THIS MORNING, yay!
  • More laundry
  • Mop floors
  • Cut pineapple
  • Cut up lemons to put in my water cups this week
  • Make a few overnight oats
  • Cook some hard-boiled eggs
  • Crafting..
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Knit, read outside in the sun, check out Pinterest to find a diy ornament for next Christmas for my friends

Quote of the week 














11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your new granddaughter to arrive! Your grandson is such a cutie. I was thinking as I looked at his picture today that when we see him in a picture with the new baby he will instantly look more grown up. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hadn't thought about his looking older as a BIG brother. They will have 17 months difference.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning! I am having your same breakfast but with a strawberry yogurt smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is an excellent breakfast ;) Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. Glad you got your first dose of vaccine, but sorry you had to "settle" for the Astra Zeneca and even sorrier that you had a reaction. Sorrier yet that you're in another 10 days of confinement! Glad you got to spend some time with Xavier. Have a GREAT week and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually mind the AstraZeneca as long as more people get vaccinated and we can finally leave this pandemia behind us. I want to go back to 'normal' but I am guessing our new 'normal' will not be as before.

      Delete
  4. So sorry your area is having such a surge and locked down for longer. Hope all goes well with your new grandbaby. Hopefully, things will let up a bit and you'll get to see family again very soon. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh...look at that cute little guy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww how exciting, a new baby on the way :)

    So sorry you had side effects, hope you continue to feel better. Hope as well that your lockdown ends soon.

    Have a blessed week!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! So sorry continued lock down my Friend. Prayers the numbers get better there soon. And sorry you had a reaction to vaccine but so glad you're able to get it! I keep trying in my area but they fill up so fast still haven't been able to get in.
    But how wonderful to have that new granddaughter to get excited about!! Yay! I'm excited for you. Love your funny as always. Gave me a giggle. 😉 Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete