Thursday 9 July 2020

Christmas in July 2020 day 9 / Noël en juillet 2020 jour 9


CIJ day 9 / jour 9

I – ICE-SKATING

I am noooo good at ice-skating, never have been but it is so much fun when it’s nice out to have everyone go ice-skating and come in for hot-chocolate afterwards.
We do have an artificial ice skating rink in the city that you can skate starting in October https://www.quebec-cite.com/fr/entreprises/activites-exterieures/neige/patinage/patinoire-de-la-place-dyouville/

It’s not far from my work place so I went there a few times at lunch hour.

When the kids were small we would take them to the exterior ice-rink in our town – it was loads of fun.  Nowadays I like that you can do long distances in a path or on a river https://www.lesoleil.com/actualites/la-patinoire-de-la-riviere-saint-charles-acff68dea2c2c696043ea4f28a8dc4ea

This is also near my workplace.  I need to try it out next winter.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I went ice skating as a teen, but haven't been in decades. Once in a while I think I'd like to go skating again, but then I think about falling down and breaking a bone and decide it's not a good idea! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome ice skating places!! We are a university town and have an indoor ice rink which is open to the public at certain times. Our grandchildren love going there to skate.

    ReplyDelete